I still get questions from tourism businesses who aren’t sure if and how they should engage in social media. The answer is that you already are part of social media.
- People write reviews about your business on Tripadvisor
- People tweet about your experience on Twitter
- People check-in with your business on Foursquare
- People talk about your business on Facebook and post pictures
So the question is “to ignore” or “to engage”. Answer these questions:
- If a customer has a question or feedback at your front desk, do you ignore or engage?
- If somebody calls you with a question or feedback over the phone, do you ignore or engage?
How is social media any different?Tags: sme marketing, social media